The Volca Sample allows you to edit and sequence up to 100 samples in realtime, making it ideal for powerful live performances. Whether you are using it stand alone or adding to your existing setup the Volca Sample will become an indispensable performance tool. The Volca Sample aims to recapture the excitement of the first generation of samplers. Take any sound, be it vocals, spoken word, ambient sounds or glitches, anything can become material for your creations!
The step sequencer is designed to be quick and easy to use. Parts can be added or removed 'on the fly'. The 16 step keys are used to input notes and the step LEDs provide instant visual feedback of the timing of the notes within a measure. The Volca Sample also realtime recording of your performances. Up to 10 sequences can be stored to the internal memory. Reverse sample playback is also supported and can be activated independently for each separate part.
The motion sequence function allows you to record knob movements, changing the sound over time. This is a great way to inject more life into your loops and allows you to generate highly original performances. Any knob movement that is related to sound editing can be recorded. This allows for impressive results that were previously impossible for hardware samplers in this category.
The Active Step function allows you to skip steps during the sequence and the Step Jump function lets you instantly play the step you are triggering. These functions allow you to create variations quickly and easily.
The Swing Function is adjustable for the character of your song and allows you to shift between rushing and dragging the beat.
The Volca Sample features a Frequency Isolator which is a powerful tool for the creation of electronic music. It lets you apply powerful changes within the sound by boosting or cutting the low and high frequencies. The Isolator is an analogue circuit ensuring a thick sound even when set to the flat position. There is also a built in reverb which can be activated for each part, this works extremely well in conduction with the isolator to enhance your performance.
The Volca Sample ships with 100 preloaded samples and you can also use the free iOS app to record and load your own audio content into the unit.
Song Mode allows you to save up to 6 song patterns, each comprising of 16 sequences
- A fun to use sequencer with superb improvisatory potential
- Motion sequencer records and plays back up to 11 parameters
- Active Step and Step Jump functions let you insert or remove steps
- Swing function lets you generate grooves
- Powerful and great-sounding Analog Isolator
- Reverb effect
- Record, manage, and download samples from volca sample’s dedicated iOS app
- Song mode allows more dynamic performances
- Reverse function plays sampled sounds backwards
- Familiar and intuitive panel layout with numerous parameters to edit sounds and sequences
- Synchronized playback with other volca units, electribe, or DAW
- MIDI In for sample trigger, sync and parameter changes from any MIDI device
- Compact size, battery-powered operation, and built-in speaker for enjoyment anywhere
|Works As A VST||No|
- Keyboard: Multi touch Keyboard
- Type: PCM
- Maximum Polyphony: 8
- Number of Samples: 100 (User over writable)
- Memory Size for Sample: 4 MB, Maximum 65 seconds
- Sampling Frequency: 31.25 kHZ, 16 bit
- Edit: Sample(Start Point, Length, Hi Cut), Pitch(Speed, EG Int, Attack,Decay), Amp(Level, Pan, Attack, Decay), Reverse On/Off
- Digital Reverb: On/Off, Mix
- Analogue Isolator: Bass, Treble
- Number of Parts: 10
- Number of Steps: 16
- Number of Recording Patterns: 10
- Control: Motion Sequence, Active Step, Step Jump, Swing
- Maximum Number of Sequence: 16
- Number of Recording Songs: 6
- Audio Output: Headphones (3.5mm stereo mini jack)
- Sync In (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum input level: 20V)
- Sync Out(3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum Output level: 5V)
- MIDI: MIDI IN
- Battery Life: Approximately 10 hours (using alkaline batteries)
- Power Supply: AA alkaline battery × 6 or AA nickel-metal hydride battery × 6 Or AC adapter (DC 9V) (optional)
- Accessories: AA alkaline battery ×6 (for verifying operation), Cable
- Options: AC adapter (DC 9V)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 193 × 115 ×45 mm / 7.60” x 4.53” x 1.77”
- Weight: 372 g / 13.12 oz. (Excluding batteries)
Write Your Own Review
Spend over £150 and get FREE UK Delivery! (UK mainland only)
|Delivery Destination||Delivery Times||Cost (under £150)||Cost (over £150)|
|UK Mainland||Same Day Dispatch* (1-2 working days)||£4.99||Free|
|Ireland||Same Day Dispatch* (2-5 working days)||£9.99/£19.99**||£9.99/£19.99**|
*Applies to In Stock items. Orders placed after 2pm will be dispatched the following working day. Free next day delivery does not include Saturdays. We can arrange Saturday delivery for £10 per box (please call to order).
**Any order under 0.9kg in weight will be charged at £9.99 (ships by Royal Mail), any order 0.9kg or over will be charged at £19.99 (ships by courier).
Our rates are some of the best available. To see shipping charges to your country, simply add the items to your basket, select your country and area or post code and click "Get a Quote".
For orders under 2kg in weight, we use Royal Mail (airmail insured). For orders over 2kg, we use a selection of premium couriers (TNT, UPS or FedEx). Customs charges apply for shipments to EU countries and are your responsibility to pay (read more).
We operate an easy returns process. If you decide you don't want an item, please contact us within 7 days of delivery for a returns number. For more information, please read our return's policy.