M-Audio BX 10" Active Studio Subwoofer is the perefct edition to the BX range of Studio Monitors or any other Active monitor, Simply come out of your soundcard straight into your Monitors.
Ever sat there and listened to sont or when your producing music and thought your not really getting the true sound of that bass tone your working with? well if that is the case then the M-Audio BX Subwoofer is the product for you.
Engineered Especially for M-Audio Monitors
Designed for use with the M-Audio M3, BX Carbon and BX D2 series, the BX Subwoofer delivers the deep bass response necessary to optimize your music, film and multimedia projects. Most of today’s personal audio systems can easily reproduce very low bass frequencies, so it’s critical that your audio production environment allows you to monitor and adjust those frequencies while you’re mixing.
Don’t Strain Your Speakers—Or Your Ears
Studio monitors like our BX5 Carbon are designed to work well as full-range monitors. Yet when they are asked to reproduce extremely bass-heavy material at high volumes, it can be taxing on the speakers and fatiguing to the listener. When they’re used in tandem with the BX Subwoofer however, the system comfortably reproduces full-range signals at significantly higher levels without any audible stress.
The BX Subwoofer accepts two-channel stereo outputs from your mixer, audio interface or sound card. Your main L/R monitors connect to the subwoofer’s outputs. As stated above, the internal crossover network of the BX Subwoofer splits the signal at a user-chosen crossover frequency ( between 50-200Hz), routing everything below to the sub and everything above the crossover point to the main L/R monitor speakers.
No More Mixing Guesswork
A good monitoring system allows you to create material that translates well across a variety of playback environments. As such, it’s important to know what your mixes will sound like both with and without the low-frequency extension a subwoofer provides. This is precisely why the BX Subwoofer includes a subwoofer bypass function that completely removes the subwoofer amp, speaker, and crossover from the signal path—sending the full-bandwidth program to your near-field monitors. By plugging in the included footswitch, you can control this function dynamically as you’re playing back your material—even from across the room.
- Type - Bass-reflex active powered subwoofer
- Woofer Driver - 10-inch composite (treated paper/fiberglass) cone with high-temperature voice coil and damped rubber surround
- Frequency Response - 20-200Hz (-3dB)
- Crossover - HP/LP linked filter sweepable from 50-200Hz; 24dB/octave 4th-order alignment
- Input Sensitivity - 80mV pink noise input produces 100dBA output SPL at one meter with vol
- Adjustable Gain - (-30dB to +6dB)
- Amplifier - 240 watts average power into 4, discrete transistor design
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio - 96dB (A-weighted)
- THD at Rated Power, Mono Mode - 0.019%
- Inputs - Two XLR balanced/unbalanced inputs; two TRS balanced/unbalanced inputs; two unbalanced RCA
- Outputs - Two XLR balanced/unbalanced outputs for satellites; two TRS balanced/unbalanced outputs for satellites
- Controls - Volume/gain control, phase inverse switch, variable crossover control, subwoofer bypass footswitch jack
- Input Impedance - 20k ohms balanced, 10k ohms unbalanced
- Maximum Input Level - +20dBU
- Protection - Over temperature, turn-on/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse, DC protection, over current protection
- Indicator - Power on (blue) or standby/bypass (red)
- Power Requirements - Dual-voltage (selectable by rear-panel switch) for either 100-120V/~50/60Hz or 220-240V/~50/60Hz; powered via detachable grounded IEC cable
- Cabinet - Vinyl-laminated high-density internally braced 3/4” MDF cabinet with 1” front and back baffles
- Dimensions - 15.5 in. (h) x 13 in. (w) x 17.25 in. (d); 39.4 cm (h) x 33 cm (w) x 43.8 cm (d)
- Shipping Weight - 54.6 lbs.; 24.75 kg
Write Your Own Review
Spend over £150 and get FREE UK Delivery! (UK mainland only)
|Delivery Destination||Delivery Times||Cost (under £150)||Cost (over £150)|
|UK Mainland||Same Day Dispatch* (1-2 working days)||£4.99||Free|
|Ireland||Same Day Dispatch* (2-5 working days)||£9.99/£19.99**||£9.99/£19.99**|
*Applies to In Stock items. Orders placed after 2pm will be dispatched the following working day. Free next day delivery does not include Saturdays. We can arrange Saturday delivery for £10 per box (please call to order).
**Any order under 0.9kg in weight will be charged at £9.99 (ships by Royal Mail), any order 0.9kg or over will be charged at £19.99 (ships by courier).
Our rates are some of the best available. To see shipping charges to your country, simply add the items to your basket, select your country and area or post code and click "Get a Quote".
For orders under 2kg in weight, we use Royal Mail (airmail insured). For orders over 2kg, we use a selection of premium couriers (TNT, UPS or FedEx). Customs charges apply for shipments to EU countries and are your responsibility to pay (read more).
We operate an easy returns process. If you decide you don't want an item, please contact us within 7 days of delivery for a returns number. For more information, please read our return's policy.