The RM Series’ uses a coaxial driver unit from Pioneer pro-audio brand TADi to ensure audio from the tweeter and woofer emanates from the same point for a more accurate sound. The aramid fibre woofers and front-loaded bass reflex system with grooved ducts ensure a clean bass, while the aluminium hard domed tweeter has been optimised to deliver rousing high frequencies of up to 50 kHz.
The rigid die-cast aluminium cabinets are designed to look and sound superb – featuring curved contours to eliminate resonance, and a proprietary acoustic tube to reduce standing waves and ensure the quality of the low to mid ranges. The speakers also boast a three-band EQ and multiple inputs, giving producers the ultimate flexibility and simplicity in any environment.
- HD-Coaxial driver unit for accurate point source monitoring - The RM series adopts its HD-coaxial driver unit from Pioneer sub-brand TAD, placing the woofer and the tweeter on the same axis to ensure a truer response across the frequencies. A newly developed waveguide minimises interference between the drivers, to produce a true, neutral sound with excellent isolation, perfect for near-field monitoring in a professional studio.
- 50 kHz tweeter for precise, electrifying high frequencies - The 1.5-inch hard dome aluminium tweeters were designed using unique Pioneer technologyii for added frequency response. The diaphragm’s shape and materials are optimised to deliver precise, rousing high frequency sounds.
- Rigid die-cast aluminium cabinet with curved contours for superb sound clarity - The RM Series housings are made from die-cast aluminium for maximum rigidity and reduced resonance at all volumes. The cabinet’s curved surfaces optimise the rigidity and reduce external diffraction – while giving the speakers a sleek design that will look good in the studio.
- AFASTiii acoustic tube reduces standing waves for a clear low-mid frequencies - Pioneer’s patented AFAST technology drastically reduces standing waves that can produce a muffled response in the low to mid ranges. An acoustic tube in the cabinet absorbs just the standing waves, ensuring true reproduction of low to mid frequencies.
- Front-loaded bass reflex system with grooves for a smooth, clean bass - The RM-05 and RM-07 feature aramid fibre woofers for a robust bass response. Plus the front-loaded bass reflex design and innovative grooves on the bass ducts reduce air friction, even when the speakers are positioned right against the wall.
- Low/Mid/High EQ settings for added flexibility and control - A three-band EQ (Low/Mid/High) gives producers the option to tailor the monitor speakers’ sound or audition tracks for certain scenarios, and has four pre-sets for each band.
- Custom-designed Class AB bi-amps ensure balance across the frequencies
- Exclusive toroidal transformer power source for excellent S/N ratio and no distortion
- Clip indicator to protect the unit from excessive input
- Wide range of inputs (XLR and RCA)
- Auto standby On/Off function
|Room Correction Controls||Yes|
|Inputs||RCA (phono), XLR|
Pioneer RM-05 Active Speaker (Single) Specification:
- Type - Bi-amp 2-way active speaker
- Enclosure - Bass reflex/Aluminium die-cast
- Tweeter - 1.5-inch hard dome aluminium HSDOM Tweeter
- Woofer - 5-inch aramid fibre woofer
- Frequency Response (-10dB) - 45 Hz〜～50 kHz
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level - 104 dB SPL (peak @ 1 m)
- Input Terminals:
- Balanced input - XLR x 1
- Unbalanced input - RCA x
Write Your Own Review
Spend over £150 and get FREE UK Delivery! (UK mainland only)
|Delivery Destination||Delivery Times||Cost (under £150)||Cost (over £150)|
|UK Mainland||Same Day Dispatch* (1-2 working days)||£4.99||Free|
|Ireland||Same Day Dispatch* (2-5 working days)||£9.99/£19.99**||£9.99/£19.99**|
*Applies to In Stock items. Orders placed after 2pm will be dispatched the following working day. Free next day delivery does not include Saturdays. We can arrange Saturday delivery for £10 per box (please call to order).
**Any order under 0.9kg in weight will be charged at £9.99 (ships by Royal Mail), any order 0.9kg or over will be charged at £19.99 (ships by courier).
Our rates are some of the best available. To see shipping charges to your country, simply add the items to your basket, select your country and area or post code and click "Get a Quote".
For orders under 2kg in weight, we use Royal Mail (airmail insured). For orders over 2kg, we use a selection of premium couriers (TNT, UPS or FedEx). Customs charges apply for shipments to EU countries and are your responsibility to pay (read more).
We operate an easy returns process. If you decide you don't want an item, please contact us within 7 days of delivery for a returns number. For more information, please read our return's policy.