The Moog Mother 32's semi-modular design means that no patching is required to create powerful analog sounds, allowing musicians of any experience to quickly begin making music. Synthesists will enjoy exploring the extensive 32-point patchbay, unlocking truly expressive, unique and complex synthesis capabilities. The patch-bay also delivers access to a wide range of both sounds and functionality, including an assignable CV output jack, MIDI to CV conversion, external audio input, a second voltage-controlled mixer and multiple unit expandability for almost endless creative possibilities.
The Moog Mother-32 comes equipped with various onboard sound sources that include a powerful 10-octave analog oscillator with variable pulse width, and an analog white noise generator. The signals from each sound source are then blended together by a voltage-controller mixer for dynamic sound creation and manipulation. From the mixer, sound then travels through a Moog Ladder Filter with selectable low pass and high pass filter types.
Musical creation and programming is executed via Mother-32's comprehensive 32-step, voltage controlled sequencer or an external MIDI controller. By having the choice of two sequencing styles, you have the ability to quickly create new musical ideas with ease and familiarity. A total of 64 patterns can be stored and recalled from within Mother-32's memory bank.
Main features include
- Semi-modular design requires no patching
- Voltage controlled 32 step sequencer with 64 sequence locations
- Low pass & high pass Moog Ladder Filter (20Hz - 20kHz) with voltage controlled resonance
- External audio input for processing outside sound sources
- Definitive Moog oscillator with Pulse and Sawtooth wave outputs
- 5-pin MIDI input and MIDI to CV converter
- 32 modular patch points
- 2 voltage controlled mixers
For more information and to get your hands on one for your own studio, see our main page here.